Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chapter 11 Teaser

Bella's POV

“Are you ready?” Emmett asked me as I finished getting ready and packing my bag. It was only six a.m. but we were getting ready to commence our mission. We would spend the day around the Volturi’s property before making our move tonight.

“Just about,” I answered trying to fight off the need to hear Edwards’ voice.

“Can I ask you a non work question Birdie?”

“If it’s about your brother… no,” I said turning back to my desk and straightening my things.

“Listen, you seem really great and amazing but Edward’s my whole life… I just want to make sure that if… I mean… what if…”

“Emmett don’t. He doesn’t know enough to put him in any danger.”

“No, not that… but he seems quite taken with you. I just don’t want him to get hurt… emotionally,” Emmett clarified and I smiled at hearing that a man was smitten with me… me of all people. That smile faltered as soon as Emmett’s words actually sank in. If I didn’t make it back Edward would be hurt.

“Oh.”

“Yeah… oh,” Em said and this time I could hear his big brother tone.

“If, and it’s a very small if, I don’t make it out… then let him know,” I started but didn’t know what to say. The whole truth would put him in danger but a lie would break his heart. So I said something that I would want to hear from him.

“Tell him… that the time I spent with him… was the very best of my life.”


No comments:

Post a Comment