Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chapter 8


Edward's POV

“What happened Edward? I mean to your shoulder?”

“I got shot,” I answered shortly.

That day was the deepest darkest part of my time across the sea and something in my tone must have made that clear because instead of pushing… she pulled.

Her hands found my face and I let her guide me towards her lips, lips I had wanted to kiss for the last twenty minutes. She tasted like whiskey and woman and for a moment on this balcony, my balcony, she was mine. Our past was just that and while it was as unchangeable as the sunrise, this moment was shapeable and completely at our mercy.

As we both became breathless, Bella pulled our mouths apart and pushed me back onto my lounge chair, a devious smile on her now smeared red lips.

I watched, making sure not to miss one of her movements or facial expressions, as she swung one her legs over my chair. She stood like a dark goddess over me as her fingers pulled open the red belt around her waist before slowly undoing each button on her long jacket making my heart beat out a staccato ragged rhythm.

As she reached the top button I saw one eyebrow raise before opening the jacket and pulling it behind her like a cape.

I made a sound.

Maybe a groan.

Maybe a whimper.

But a sound.

Words failed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment